Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The First

My first entry to this blog is going to be fairly random, scattered, and disorganized. I'll apologize in advance as this is really my first blog and I'm still trying to get myself caught up with everything. I'm going to be making an effort to organize my rambunctious thoughts over time. Now I'll start off by saying something cheesy but it really is a defining belief in which I live my life. I truly believe that every experience, every little thing we take for granted, the good and the bad, adds to your life and creates who you are. Everything is a journey and an adventure; relationships, travels, meetings, break-ups, anything! Even this particular course. So you can see where the main title, "Journey Through COMM 229" comes from.

As for now, my hope is to add my spin on what we cover over the duration of this course from my perspective. As I've mentioned in an introduction post over at our discussion forums, I've had a lot of experience in my life with Japan and (South) Korea. In fact, those two countries make up a significant portion of who I am and how I perceive and think. So I plan to try viewing the concepts we will go over in this course with that international perspective. Additionally, I've spent 5 1/2 years as a member of the Army National Guard (which honestly I can't wait to be done with...) and could also offer perspective from that as well if there happen to be any topics with which that could apply.

So I really hope that this blog can be a good way for me to organize my thoughts and share my view of the world through a media focus! With that being said, I'm off to party with some friends! All work and no play! You know how it goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment